Alteration mineral assemblages are important to the understanding of and exploration for hydrothermal ore deposits.
The GeologicAI system analyzes hyperspectral data to easily identify and visualize mineral alterations in core and chips that cannot be identified by eye including:
· Micas – muscovite-paragonite, biotite, phlogopite
· Chlorites – variations in iron-magnesium chlorite, epidote
· Amphiboles – tremolite, hornblende, actinolite
· Sulfates – jarosite, gypsum
· Clays – illite, illite-smectite, kaolinite, dickite
· Carbonates – calcite, dolomite, ankerite, siderite
· Tourmaline – Fe-tourmaline, tourmaline
GeologicAI gives alteration information ahead of core logging. This information eliminates rework and adds significant value.